Scroll down to read more about the various building methods we offer to suit whatever the type of building you require. We will gladly meet with you to discuss the best options for your project.
Lightweight steel frame (LSF)
LSF is an established building system utilising light steel stud work frames for the load-bearing elements of a structure. It is the most popular means of construction for domestic housing in many first world countries.
structural insulated panels (sips)
SIPS are a modern high performance building system for residential and light commercial construction. The panels consist of an insulating foam core sandwiched between two structural facings such as oriented strand board (OSB).
Why build with LSF?
- Engineered building method: materials are optimised = savings & limited wastage.
- Quick & efficient: save up to 40% time & 15% costs compared to conventional building.
- Thermal building insulation: up to 5 x better than conventional buildings.
- Very high degree of accuracy: thus ensuring a perfect construction every time.
- High strength & protective coatings: no shrinkage, warping, swelling, creeping etc.
- Ideal for column foundations & suspended floors: reduced cost on uneven sites.
- Non-combustible & fire resistant.
- Non-organic: cannot rot, no mould & fungus, no vermin damage.
Why build with SIPS?
- Factory controlled manufacturing: fit nearly any building design.
- Very versatile: Can be used for floors, walls & roofs.
- Quick & easy: less time on the building site = big savings.
- Little material waste: much less compared to conventional building.
- Extremely strong.
- Very energy efficient: resulting in long-term energy savings.
- Cost effective: saving time, money & labour.
envirolite blocks & lightweight concrete
Envirolite concrete products are environmentally friendly and easy to install utilising new interlocking block technology.
Why build with Envirolite Blocks?
- Various walling installations: load bearing walls, infill walling, concrete frames.
- Lightweight concrete block utilising tongue & groove interlocking system: improve walling alignment & speed up installation.
- Excellent fire rating: 2 hours.
- Environmentally friendly: manufactured from recycled polystyrene aggregate.
- Easy & quick installation.
- Energy efficient walling & flooring
Envirolite blocks are SABS approved.
Why build with Envirolite lightweight concrete?
- Environmentally friendly: made from recycled expanded polystyrene beads mixed with special additives.
- Total dimensional stability: no shrinkage, cracking or swelling.
- Easy & quick: lightweight, easy to apply & transport.
- pH-controlled & non-corrosive: do not trigger reactions with other building materials.
- Energy efficient: meet SANS insulating performance requirements.
Using converted shipping containers to build with is a funky alternative to conventional building.
Why build with shipping containers?
- It’s very cool and different!
- Ultimate up-cycle: tonnes of steel are recycled into a building.
- Tiny homes rule: if it is not a big & complex build it may be cheaper than a conventional building.
- Pod concept: shipping containers make ideal pods.
- Robust & strong.Allows for interesting design elements.
Our shipping container conversions adhere to the National Building Regulations and is engineer approved.
timber, bricks & concrete
We also build with more conventional building materials such as timber, bricks and concrete.